May 10, 2004

Travails of a lawprof blogger.

Well, I don't know what to think about this, but I updated the post of mine he linked (the ping post) just to be on the safe side. But I see he's created a "Law Professor Blog Honor Roll," a bit of a spoof of my colleague Gordon Smith's "Law Student Blog Honor Roll," and since he put this blog on the list, any possible slurs will be overlooked. I've noticed that you get more links when people disapprove of what you're saying, so that if one is really focused on playing the game of blogging (as discussed in the ping post), then one ought to take swipes at people and say outrageous things that people feel compelled to post to disagree with. If you take a swipe at someone and link them, they can see on Technorati that you've linked, and then they might answer, linking you: link achieved! Actually, only one thing bugs me about Notes from the (Legal) Underground's post about my ping post. It's that all the other lawprofs (other than the nice-letter writing Ribstein) on his list all have more exciting distinctions. That and the fact that I still don't know how to ping ... or really even what pinging is.

No comments: