May 11, 2007

The "Special Women's Edition" of The Onion.

I love it!
Woman In Coffee Shop Judges A Record 147 People
Area Woman Not Yelling At You, She's Just Saying
Mommy Not Moving
Express-Lane Cashier Confirms Her Nails Are Real
Mother, Daughter Exchange Encoded Menstruation-Related Message Over Dinner
Woman Who Claims Book Changed Her Life Has Not Changed
Nanny Appears In Child's Drawings More Than Mother
"Blues Singer's Woman Permitted To Tell Her Side":
"Despite what Mr. Jackson would have you believe, I am not an evil-hearted woman who will not let him be," Dobbs told reporters. "I repeat: I am not an evil-hearted woman who will not let him be. To the contrary, my lovin' is so sweet, it tastes just like the apple off the tree."

10 comments:

Palladian said...

I saw this lying on a counter at the Strand yesterday. The blues singer line made me laugh out loud.

lawyerdad said...

But what do you think of "How Can I Use Feminism To My Advantage?"

Palladian said...

Actually, it's the Betty Friedan one that really made me laugh.

Revenant said...

The "mommy not moving" blurb kind of kills the mood, unfortunately. :(

Roost on the Moon said...

This one was up earlier in the week, and while reading it and chuckling, I thought, "I bet Ann Althouse would have something good to say about this."

michael farris said...

My favorites,

- Childbirth To Be Area Woman's Least Painful Interaction With Daughter

and

Women: Why don't they lose some weight?

Wade Garrett said...

"Area Woman Didn't Say That, You Said That" is my favorite, right behind "Women Now Liberated By Everything A Woman Does."

Pete the Streak said...

I've e-mailed it to every female in my address book...

"Columbia House Medication Plan",
"Skipping Breakfast with Nicole Ritchie", and the "70% of Compliments are Sarcastic" video: Brilliant!!!

Ann Althouse said...

"This one was up earlier in the week, and while reading it and chuckling, I thought, "I bet Ann Althouse would have something good to say about this.""

I went to that link and just got completely fascinated by the Corona parrot. My favorite web ad ever, and I usually hate when the advertising blocks the text.

Love the article too. Perfect.

Adrian said...

I like "National Organization of Women Turns 39 Again"

My favorite country music related one ever, though is this one:
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/54497

(which refers to this sports story, if you missed it:
http://blogs.usatoday.com/sportsscope/2006/10/all_employees_m.html)