May 20, 2014

"Caleb Johnson — the 23-year-old rocker from North Carolina... — based his appeal on a style of music that fell from fashion two decades ago."

"Jena Irene, a 17-year-old from Farmington Hills, Mich., has been... the one singer who has expressed an interest in current pop, the only person whose performances have felt like they were geared more for the kids than the grown-ups. She'll have a hard time beating Johnson, easily the season's most polished and consistent entertainer. But her penchant for Paramore-style rock, combined with the occasional foray into EDM rhythms and tender piano moments, makes her the only person who has a chance of coming off this show and making any kind of mark on the music scene."

Are you watching the "American Idol" finale tonight?

Are you watching?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

10 comments:

Captain Ned said...

Where's the poll option for panem et circences?

ngtrains said...

You really have a bunch of
old fogies or something - I'm not sure what
- that read your blog
ted

Mary Beth said...

I'm an old fogey, or something. I like Paramore and I like some electronic dance music. I just don't like "American Idol".

Wilbur said...

Old fogey? And you consider it a mark of good taste to watch this dreck? Or are we just not with it?

Oh, to be part of the Pepsi Generation.

I've never watched this show, and in fact have not seen a second of any network show - except for The Simpsons or sports - for at least 20 years. I don't feel deprived.

MadisonMan said...

Didn't watch...track meet.

Caleb is not an artist, so I hope Jena wins. Alex should've been in the final with her.

Smilin' Jack said...

You forgot to list the correct choice, which is: "Not only is the show absolute garbage that insults the very concept of music, but the title is a direct violation of the First Commandment, and anyone who watches it will deservedly burn forever in Hell.

tim maguire said...

Interesting, the contestant on a show called American Idol with the best chance of actually becoming an American idol is a long-shot to win.

Kelly said...

I thought it was kind of sad when Caleb went home and there weren't many people to greet him. They sent him by himself to tour the Biltmore of all places. That was so random I almost voted for him, but in the end I cast fifty votes for Jena though I'm not a huge fan.

Dave D said...

I just can't get that worked up about vocal stylists singong other people's music......

Andy Freeman said...

American Idol is still on? I thought that The Voice would have killed it by now.