July 9, 2014

"Strange, my left breast 'vibrates' every so often, sort of like a cell phone that's on vibrate! For the last three days my left breast has this strange vibration."

"At first I thought I was imagining it but it continues! It doesn't hurt… just feels weird. Could it be a symptom of breast cancer?"

"I know this sounds silly...but it's really happening. The last few days, several times a day, my right breast feels like it's vibrating."
Usually when I'm at home or in the car with the music turned up loud, I can't hear my cell phone ring, so I switch it to vibrate and clip it to the inside of my bra on the left side so I won't miss a call or text.  The vibrating I'm feeling in my right breast feels exactly like it feels when my cell phone vibrates. I have not clipped my cell phone to my bra since this started happening. Does anyone have any idea what this is all about?
What causes buzzing/vibration in right breast?
It is about every 10 seconds, not painful. I'd appreciate insight from anyone with similar symptom.
Recently, I've noticed a slight buzzing/vibration sensation inside my right breast. 
It's brief (about a second) and comes irregularly. I have slightly large breasts (D-sized) and I wear an underwire bra. The sensation is near the nipple/top of the breast. It's a very weird sensation - not pleasurable and not uncomfortable. I'm at a loss for an explanation. I don't have anything medically wrong with me (that I know of). I'm 24. Does anyone have any idea?
"Hey, I know this thread is old but I wanted to report that over the weekend this started happening to me as well."
I've never had it happen before and after a day or so I suddenly remembered reading this thread. So, if anyone is still wondering about this I'd like some additional info too. The description above pretty much fits my sensation to a T, although I am feeling it in my left breast. I'm 27, have never had kids, and am not on any BC or anything. My boobs are not as large as ANON's.

27 comments:

glenn said...

Clearly this is alien breast vibration. All the aliens are well known to be breast men. If their legs vibrate I'm on board but I have no idea what the cause is.

David said...

I think her breast may have turned into the penis of a 16 year old boy.

Hammond X. Gritzkofe said...

Me too. But the tinfoil hat seems to be taking care of it.

Ron said...

one nipple is for call forwarding....the other for call waiting....

The Nether Regions, of course, are for Skype.

George M. Spencer said...

Oh, here's David Cronenberg's new 8-minute movie about a woman who has a pests in her breasts.

sojerofgod said...

Much more likely is the possibility of a pinched nerve. Now, I am no expert on women's undergarments but I know a maladjusted strap can cause pressure on the spine. Well endowed ladies can have some real back issues. I have had a "vibrating" sensation on occasion on the side of my left knee for years. While helping my brother winch a pontoon duck blind out of the lake with a come-along winch, the rope broke and the winch flew about 20 feet and struck my leg with enough force to knock me off my feet. The area is numb to this day. (30+ years)

madAsHell said...

ummm....gee, professor, you usually go for the thought provoking issues in society.

I mean....you know....This is thought provoking, but now my man parts are tingling. Is anyone else having this problem?? Let's discuss.

jimbino said...

Ah, my my! She's giving me excitations, asking for further examinations.

cf said...

Ok, I will add my own vibrating to the list, haha. A few times, it has been the darnedest thing, an unlikely kind of silent buzzing, but not just in my tit, other surprising places, as I recall.

I have to figure it is only because of electronics that we relate it to phones vibrating, and it is a body phenomenon beyond the 21st century.

I love that I have new sensations. Unknown-ever-before surprises in my body. Wahoo.

Graham Powell said...

Sounds more like a phantom ring to me. I'm always grabbing my phone out of the holster (note: not a euphemism) thinking it's vibrating, but it's not.

Meade said...

I'll get it.

Ann Althouse said...

"Sounds more like a phantom ring to me. I'm always grabbing my phone out of the holster (note: not a euphemism) thinking it's vibrating, but it's not."

But why would you feel it, consistently, in a place where you don't keep your phone?

Ann Althouse said...

And women seem to get it repeatedly on the same side,

I think it's about the internal electricity in the body.

Phil 314 said...

Motor boat, motor boat!

Carol said...

I've had vibrations like that elsewhere, like near my groin. So if I have the cell in my pocket I usually ignore its vibration at first, then freak when I realize it's actually a call.

The Cracker Emcee Refulgent said...

Happens to me, too. I keep my cell phone in my left breast (alas, not a D-cup) pocket, and experience the phantom buzz about once a week. Once you get familiar with it, it isn't difficult to distinguish from the real thing. My current ringtone is HAL's, "You have a message, Dave". When I start getting phantom instances of that, I'll start freaking out.

Anonymous said...

Time was when you could take out all the boob tubes and run them through the tube tester at the hardware store. But now that it's all silicon...

jaed said...

Muscle twitch?

Smilin' Jack said...

My boobs are not as large as ANON's.

I'll check you out as soon as I can. Principles of triage dictate that I check out ANON first.

Peter said...

"Much more likely is the possibility of a pinched nerve."

I would tend to agree: if she's really worried about it, she should get herself to a neurologist

lemondog said...

I assume iPhone does not have a left breast vibrate app.

Perhaps muscle spasms, neuralgia, arthritis, pinched nerve......etc?

MadTownGuy said...

I'm a guy and have experienced the same phenomenon, first near my right pants pocket where I used to carry my phone (outboard side, let's keep it clean folks) and then on the left where my shirt pocket is when I have one. It can happen even when I don't have my phone on me or near me. I think it is more like the "phantom limb" sensation that amputees experience. That or it's RF interference with that chip the NSA installed in me...

Doug said...

I don't have anything medically wrong with me (that I know of). I'm 24. Does anyone have any idea?
I have plenty of ideas.

Mike (MJB Wolf) said...

This is a phenomenon I've experience with. A very fast muscle twitch usually isolated to one muscle, and it can happen anywhere on my body. It was diagnosed as benign faciculations as it is not dangerous.

However it is related to a neurological disorder known as blepharospasms that can be dangerous. Close relative of mine was affected in her eyelid muscles and they would slam shut at inopportune times, like when driving on the highway.

Hazy Dave said...

Dilbert, September 16, 1996. Fourth comic on this page.

Poppop said...

Many is the time my wife has rebuffed me saying 'not tonight, my breast is vibrating again'. And i thought she was just pulling my leg all this time.

Also Mike has taught me a new word above. I think the Beach Boys missed a good opportunity to work that into their lyric 'i'm picking up good vibrations, she's giving me faciculations...'

Unknown said...

I have same sensation over the last 5 years...off and on...go months without then it starts up again...no rhyme or reason