January 4, 2015

"I nearly died multiple times in the hospital. I lost my legs, I lost my spleen, I lost my kidney function."

"I lost the life that I knew. And going through so much in such a small amount of time and so quickly, for me it put my life into perspective. There were certain things I focused on — I focused on how grateful I was for the things I had versus things I lost. I got a second chance at life and I wanted to use it. I didn't want to waste it by dwelling on what happened or why it happened."

Said Amy Purdy,  a Paralympic snowboarding champion and contestant on "Dancing with the Stars," who lost her legs to bacterial meningitis at age of 19.

6 comments:

Wince said...

She looks darn good in the nude.

Ann Althouse said...

"She looks darn good in the nude."

If that's your taste in photography, may I suggest upgrading to Leni Riefenstahl's "Olympia"?

Michael K said...

Surviving Waterhouse- Friderichson Syndrome is like winning the Olympics. That's what it sounds like. The first case I saw as a medical student was a 9 year old girl who came home from school feeling ill and died about 5:30 PM

The Godfather said...

My wife and I watch Dancing With The Stars, and this young woman was truly amazing. At some point in the competition I commented to my wife that if someone else wins she/he will have beaten a dancer with no feet.

The Godfather said...

In my opinion, "nude" pictures that don't show the naughty parts are not really nude.

William said...

Just another bourgeoise hood ornament sopping up her white privilege.