January 1, 2005

Poll answer revealed: "Kill Bill."

Even though the first place answer is wrong, I'm surprised how many of you got the right answer on this poll. 34.9 percent of you guessed "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," and perhaps you were assuming that my opinion would track the general critical opinion about which was the best in the set of six films I saw in the theater in 2004. If you want to see what I thought about "Eternal Sunshine," here's what I wrote back when I saw it. And I blogged back in November that I liked it much more when I watched the DVD. This was a poll about whether I would make the effort to go out to see the film if I had known in advance how much I would enjoy sitting through it in the theater.

The correct answer came in second, with 20.2 percent of the vote, and the other four choices were well behind, with no clear favorite. How did you readers do so well with that? I don't think I've ever blogged about the film, other than quoting Quentin Taratino saying a little something about his love of strong women in response to an interviewer's question that noted that "'Jackie Brown' and 'Kill Bill' are female empowerment fests."

4 comments:

FullMoon said...

Here is a comment from the future.
I also enjoyed Kill Bill.
Keep at it, your blog will be a success, I gaurantee it!

Ann Althouse said...

Thanks, Full Moon!

The blog was actually successful at this point in the past, but comments were not activated, so it looks lonely in here.

Thanks for dispelling the loneliness look.

FullMoon said...

Finally ! Personal recognition. Had to fire up the time machine to achieve it. I can die happy.
BTW,
Thanks to an email instruction from Meade months (years?) ago, I learned how to do italic
and bold

Ann Althouse said...

Ha ha.

I like the old conversations... even when they are new.