November 24, 2006

Audible Althouse #72.

It's a new podcast! It's about: how I don't want to be called "Ann," what it means to be "Conservative Blogress Diva," the Krash of Kramer, my message to Jerry Seinfeld, the effect of the Kramer Krash on Borat, dressing like Bob Dylan, anorexia, horrifying 80s music, plastic surgery for your kids, and... "Rigoletto."

Stream it right through your computer here. But all the divas and the guys who can sing a cute aria subscribe on iTunes:
Ann Althouse - Audible Althouse

ADDED: Here's the Wikipedia entry for the song "Sussudio" (which I revile on the podcast), which I see was "was ranked number twenty-four on VH1's '50 Most Awesomely Bad Songs Ever.'" The other song I rail against in this podcast is "I'm the Only One" (which I was forced to endure while sitting in a dentist's chair this week): "Please baby can't you see/My mind's a burnin' hell/I got razors a rippin' and tearin' and strippin'/My heart apart as well...."

YET MORE: I'm not actually mad at people for calling me "Ann," just slightly annoyed at people who criticize me for calling myself "Althouse."

8 comments:

Ricardo said...

"But all the divas and the guys ...."

You mean divas and divos?

Kev said...

"You mean divas and divos?"

We are not men; we are DIVO. ;-)

Re the VH-1 list--I think "Achy Breaky Heart" is much worse than "We Built This City," and I actually like Wang Chung. And far as the "Sussudio" thing, I think the most annoying part was the name itself. He could have fit "Su-su-suzie" into those same syllables and made it sound like it was being sung to a real woman. Who's ever heard of a human being of either gender named "Sussudio"??

WV: nogdigs--someone enjoying the holiday egg drink.

Palladian said...

Happy to see a new podcast. It's been a lonely holiday. The member of my family who's ill and who I've been caring for moved out of state to live with his brother and family, so it's been pretty emotional around here. Thanks for the diversion, it's appreciated.

James said...

Diva is Latin for "Goddess," or possibly "Divine one." The masculine is Divus, and the plural is Divi.


It was used of Emperors who had undergone [url=http://www.answers.com/topic/apotheosis]apothesis[/url].

If Ms. Althouse hasn't achieved that, (quite) she has achieved tenure, and is a full professor.

This is nearly as good as apothesis, even without the blog.

reader_iam said...

Palladian: Oh, dear, that sounds like a tough thing, a hard adjustment, and at an unfortunate time of year, when "all together" messages come from everywhere. Take care of yourself, and I hope things look up at least a little bit as soon as possible.

Palladian said...

Thanks, reader_iam.

Ann Althouse said...

Palladian: I'm sorry to hear that. We've missed you over here where we're always looking for more company, and there's none better than yours.

Simon said...

Sorry, Palladian, that's got to be difficult. :(