June 20, 2014

"The Robot Restaurant is an absolute blast. We had fun from the moment we entered..."

"... and I’m still not sure my brain has been able to process everything we saw. As much as the crazy show, we loved watching the spectators sitting across from us. Without exception, they had their eyes wide open and huge smiles plastered across their faces. Just like us."



How much stimulation do you want in a restaurant? I have seen Chuck E. Cheese's, and I don't ever want to see anything like that again, and I'd like to think that if I did ever find my way to Japan, I would not fall — because it's Japanese! — for what looks to me like the nightmare you have after eating at Chuck E. Cheese's.

A palate cleanser, from the annals of cheese dreams:

10 comments:

Robert G. said...

And I thought Ella's Deli was sensory overload.

ron winkleheimer said...

Chuck-E-Cheese is proof that Satan exists.

Anonymous said...

How was the food?

The Crack Emcee said...

I laughed all the way through the clip (I like art/spectacle) but, listen to that God-awful music - and look at the audience:

That's a modified strip club.

I don't go to strip clubs or hang with those dudes,...

Ann Althouse said...

The most hellish part of it was something the linked blogger liked: having to see the faces of the other customers loving the show.

That's your mirror.

ken in tx said...

Chuck-E-cheese was the first thing I thought of when I saw this subject.

Wince said...

What I liked most about the video clip and made me laugh out loud was imagining the reaction of Althouse to each new garish display.

I suppose that means I'd go if they purposely dragged in people like Althouse who'd hate the experience just to watch them hating the experience.

Rusty said...

How much stimulation do you want in a restaurant?

That all depends.
Do strip clubs serve food?

Ann Althouse said...

I did think the shark was funny.

Lauderdale Vet said...

It reminds me of a game we played a few times in school as a child. The class would get together in a circle and the teacher would whisper a short tale into one child's ear, who would then repeat it to the next child, so on and so forth. The last child would tell the tale out loud and it barely resembled the original. We’d all have a good chuckle about things that were lost in translation, lesson learned.

Here I imagine that Western culture has been whispered across the Pacific and then recited back to me on YouTube.

Somewhat sadly, I find the parody too familiar to be called comfortable.